Just my thoughts on food, sex, booze, and our crazy life

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Family, and the importance of respect pt. 2

Life's interruptions have been dealt with, back to the issue of respect.

After pondering the previous situation a bit more, with my brother's lack of respect and my struggling with why it bothered me so much I've come to notice some things about myself. If I don't think that you're being respectful to me, then I won't be as respectful to you as I should be. This is a problem, not just in this particular circumstance but in life as a whole. My mentality shouldn't be an eye for an eye, but rather turn the other cheek. And my attitude should not be determined by how I'm treated. I realize that this a pretty basic life lesson, and it's one that I've heard before but sometimes it takes a circumstance like dealing with family to bring things into focus (or just act as a gentle life reminder).

This idea of not letting others determine my attitude or level of effort is one that is so closely related to how I treat Sir. There have been times in the past when he's not been following through with things he told me that he would do, or not acting as dominate as I would have liked and I've come off bitchy and mouthy. Regardless of whether or not he was doing/being what I wanted him to do/be doesn't mean that I should stop being submissive to him. It's my job to submit to him, this is on me, not on him. Yes, do I prefer it when he is more dominate, absolutely, does it make submitting to him far easier when I have a dominate leader, yes, but should I let things that I perceive to be issues stand in the way of respecting and submitting to him? No. (Unless of course it was a serious issue, then absolutely.) The same thing goes for my family of course, except of course for the submitting. It's on me to show them respect, and not on them. And shame on me for forgetting that, not matter how annoying they might be.

On an unrelated note, Sir has figured out how to make our D/S work over long distances!!! It makes this pet quite happy. As does the fact that I'm pretty sure I'm headed home on Sunday! Only a couple more days with family before we begin the trek homeward.

No comments:

Post a Comment