Just my thoughts on food, sex, booze, and our crazy life

Monday, September 16, 2013

Being thankful

Because several of my last posts have been rather dramatic and not in a positive way I thought that I should probably balance them with a post full of thanks. And in honour of my 24th birthday which is this week here are 24 things I have to be thankful for.

Family

  1. I have an incredible husband who both puts up with my melodramatics and who supports me in all that I do. He's also pretty damn handsome to boot.
  2. Little bug, the most amazing little person I've ever met. Entirely happy, healthy and fucking adorable.
  3. My family, while not always understanding the decisions I make, are always in my corner.
  4. His family, who have welcomed me with open arms, proclaiming me to be the daughter that they never had but always wanted.
Sir
  1. Might not always understand what it is that I'm craving but is always willing to work towards it with me.
  2. Is really good at acting as the voice of reason and caution for me when I need it.
  3. Calms my fears, even the irrational ones.
  4. Loves me unconditionally and wants what is best for me. 

Parish life

  1. We are blessed with an amazing parish and priest who have welcomed us with joy and gladness.
  2. Both Sir and I have wise and thoughtful godparents who would give us the shirts off of our backs if we ever needed them. 
  3. Likewise little bug is blessed with a wonderful godfather who will help instruct him in the ways of the church and life. 
  4. I have a godsister who I love like she is blood, and who I can call anytime of day. 

Work

  1. I am able to work from home, half time with a schedule that I set.
  2. I'm establishing myself in the industry and within the business. 
  3. My employers are generous kind people.
  4. I have a job that I may not be head over heels in love with, but is a good dependable position that I make work for myself. 

Misc

  1. Our community and our neighbors who keep Sir and I sane in this particular stage of our life. 
  2. Good friends both here and in our hometown who are always up for spending an afternoon or evening in our favourite pub. 
  3. My family is all in excellent health. And my gluten allergy is totally under control.
  4. Coffee, because this mama runs off of the magical drink.
  5. Harry Potter, because well it helped keep me sane when everything around me seemed like it was falling apart. And because lets face it, it's pretty much the most amazing book series out there.
  6. Dark chocolate, again, because I run off of the stuff. 
  7. This blog, as it gives me a place to talk with other like minded individuals without the fear of judgement or rejection.
  8. The rich and unexpected blessings we've been given and the many opportunities that are presenting themselves. 
Have a wonderful and richly blessed day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday and those all sound like wonderful blessings :)

    ReplyDelete